HOW LIVE WEDDING PAINTING WORKS
First of all, congratulations on your engagement!
You are about to embark on the most beautiful chapter of your life, and I would be so honoured to be a part of your big day.
I have detailed the process of Live Wedding Painting below. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to get in touch!
BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
1. Check your wedding date availability by leaving an enquiry. I will generally reply within 24-48 hours.
2. Secure your date with a 20% deposit and a signed contract.
3. Consultation: 4-6 weeks prior to your wedding, we will have a full consultation to design your artwork. We will discuss colours, preferences, scenes, poses, and anything else that is important to you on your wedding day.
THE WEDDING DAY
1. Depending on your creative vision, I will arrive 1-2 hours prior to the ceremony commencing to begin painting the background and planning your composition. When the guests arrive, the painting will already be underway.
2. Depending on the timeline of your wedding day, I will take you for an exclusive photoshoot to use as reference for your painting. This may be before or after your ceremony.
3. Once I have captured the moment, I will sketch it onto the canvas over the background and begin painting you and your new husband or wife.
4. At the end of the night, your painting will look mostly complete and I will come find you to show you your painting before I leave. If your photographer and videographer is still present, I will let them know when the painting is complete for the night so they can capture you with your beautiful new painting.
AFTER YOUR WEDDING
1. After your wedding, I will take your painting back to the studio to add in the final details and varnish. This process usually takes around 4-16 weeks depending on the size of your painting.
2. Your painting will be professionally packaged and shipped to you, or a local pick-up will be arranged.
I'VE ALREADY HAD MY BIG DAY, CAN YOU STILL CAPTURE IT?
Paintings from photos are currently booked out and closed until further notice.
YOU'RE AVAILABLE FOR MY WEDDING, NOW WHAT?
Due to a high volume of enquiries, I cannot hold dates. To officially secure your date, a 20% deposit and a signed contract are required.
Please note that dates book out quickly so I could be available for your date one day, and unavailable the next.
WILL THE ARTWORK COME FRAMED?
Due to differences in framing preferences amongst clients, framing is not included; however, I can provide the details of a recommended framer.
YOU'RE LOCATED IN SOUTH-EAST MELBOURNE, CAN YOU TRAVEL TO MY WEDDING?
Travel up to 50km to your wedding venue is included in the pricing. If your venue is further than 50km away, a travel fee will apply. This will be discussed prior to booking.
CAN I ADD ADDITIONAL PEOPLE OR GUESTS TO MY PAINTING?
I specialise in intimate, couple-only paintings that showcase your love and connection. If you are considering a painting featuring your guests or other people, in most cases I may not be the right artist for you. However, there are always circumstances where I may recommend adding guests, such as some ceremony painting compositions.
If you would like other in your painting, I recommend reaching out to discuss your vision with me before booking.
I HAVE A SPECIFIC IDEA IN MIND. WILL WE MEET PRIOR TO MY WEDDING TO GO OVER THE SPECIFICS?
Absolutely! About one month prior to your wedding, we will meet (in-person or virtually) to discuss where you would like me to set up on the day, and the type of scene you are wanting for your artwork, as well as anything else that may be important to you.
ARE YOU LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY?
Absolutely, I paint all weddings! My one and only requirement is that you are in-love.
DO YOU TRAVEL INTERSTATE?
Yes! I travel interstate and would love to paint your wedding! Due to travel information and availability, I can only book interstate weddings approximately 6-9 months ahead of time. Travel fees start at $1750-$2000 depending on the state and time of year.